The United States announced that it would provide 31 main battle tanks to Ukraine
China News Agency, Washington, January 25 (Reporter Chen Mengtong) US President Biden announced at the White House on the 25th that the US would provide 31 "M1 Abrams" main battle tanks to Ukraine.
The M1 tank, which was commissioned in the 1980s, is the main battle tank of the United States Army. This batch of military assistance worth 400 million dollars will be completed in the form of military procurement, rather than directly allocated from the inventory of the United States Department of Defense.
Biden said that the number of tanks provided by the United States could equip a Ukrainian battalion. However, it will take time for these tanks to arrive in Ukraine.
Biden also said that the United States would provide the spare parts of M1 tanks at the same time, and provide corresponding tank operation, maintenance and logistics support training for the Ukrainian army as soon as possible.
Earlier that day, Biden held a telephone conversation with the leaders of Germany, France, Britain and Italy. Biden revealed that the content of the call was "continue to coordinate closely and fully support Ukraine".
Before that, the United Kingdom, Germany and other western countries have announced to provide main battle tanks to Ukraine. This has also raised concerns about the continued escalation of the Russian-Uzbekistan conflict. (End)
- 2019-02-21There are 38 amazing sceneries in the world. You can go there if you dare
- 2019-02-2125 most charming castles in the world
- 2023-01-26An earthquake of magnitude 5.6 occurred in Luding, Sichuan, and Chengdu felt strong!
- 2023-01-26520, love Shanghai! Thank you for coming to Shanghai
- 2019-02-20Turning Waste into Treasure: Old Books and Newspapers into Art Sculptures